Explore BrainMass
Share

Probability: EKA Manufacturing Company

This content was STOLEN from BrainMass.com - View the original, and get the already-completed solution here!

1. EKA manufacturing company produces Part # 2206 for the aerospace industry. Each unit of part # 2206 is sold for $15. The unit production cost of part # 2206 is $3. The fixed monthly cost of operating the production facility is $3000. How many units of part # 2206 have to be sold in a month to break-even?

2. A company is considering producing some new products. Based on past records, management believes that there is a 60% chance that the first product will be successful, and a 40% chance that the second product will be successful. As these products are completely different, it may be assumed that the success of one is totally independent of the success of the other. If two products are introduced to the market, what is the probability that both are successful?

© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 10:06 am ad1c9bdddf
https://brainmass.com/statistics/probability/probability-eka-manufacturing-company-493434

Solution Preview

1. EKA manufacturing company produces Part # 2206 for the aerospace industry. Each unit of part # 2206 is sold for $15. The unit production cost of part # 2206 is $3. The fixed monthly cost of operating the production facility is $3000. How many units of part # 2206 have to be sold in a month to ...

Solution Summary

The probability of EKA manufacturing company is examined.

$2.19