I am having issues resolving the following and need extra help please:
1. If the probability that it will rain tomorrow is 0.26, what is the probability that it will
not rain tomorrow
2. Find the probability of getting a number greater than 4 when a die is rolled one time
3. An apartment building has the following apartments available for lease.
1 bedroom 2 bedrooms 3 bedrooms
1st floor 1 2 2
2nd floor 2 2 2
3rd floor 1 4 1
If an apartment is selected at random, what is the probability that it is a 2-bedroom
apartment OR is on the second floor
4.If 25 tickets are sold and 2 prizes are to be awarded, find the probability that one
person will win both prizes if that person buys exactly 2 tickets
5. When two events are independent, the probability of both occurring is:
A) P(A and B) = P(A) + P(B)
B) P(A and B) = P(A + B)
C) P(A and B) = P(A)â?¢P(B)
D) P(A and B) = P(Aâ?¢B)
6. Which of the following would be used to find the number of ways to choose 1
chairperson and 2 committee members to serve on the holiday party planning committee from a department of 12 employees?
A) 12 â?¢ 12C2 B) 12 â?¢ 11C2 C) 11 â?¢ 12P3 D) 1 â?¢ 11P2
Thanks for allowing me to work on your questions. Here are my answers:
1. since rain and not rain are mutually exclusive, the probability of not rain P=1-P(rain)=1-0.26=0.74.
2. Since there are only 5, 6 that are greater than 4 ...
The solution provides detailed explanation for multiple probability problems.
Research: applied, basic, needs assessment, focus group, median, occurrence, z score
1. T F The only type of research in a business setting is applied research.
2. T F The ultimate purpose of basic research and applied research are identical..
3. A needs assessment may include the following types of data:
(e) All of the above
4. T F Using a focus group is a good means of obtaining qualitative data.
5. T F Business research usually requires use of both qualitative and quantitative data.
6. A ________ is a portion, or part of the population of interest.
(c) Standard deviation
7. What is the median of 26, 30, 24, 32, 32, 31, 29, & 27?
8. Show your work for problem #7 here.
9. What is the listing of all possible outcomes of an experiment and their corresponding probability of occurrence called?
(a) Random Variable
(b) Probability Distribution
(c) Frequency Distribution
(d) Subjective Probability
(e) None of the above.
10. Prepare a three paragraph discussion of the z score (test statistic). Provide a listing of the major characteristics of a normal probability distribution. Then, include a discussion of the z score and the conversion to the number of standard deviations a z value can be away from the mean.View Full Posting Details