I am having issues resolving the following and need extra help please:
1. If the probability that it will rain tomorrow is 0.26, what is the probability that it will
not rain tomorrow
2. Find the probability of getting a number greater than 4 when a die is rolled one time
3. An apartment building has the following apartments available for lease.
1 bedroom 2 bedrooms 3 bedrooms
1st floor 1 2 2
2nd floor 2 2 2
3rd floor 1 4 1
If an apartment is selected at random, what is the probability that it is a 2-bedroom
apartment OR is on the second floor
4.If 25 tickets are sold and 2 prizes are to be awarded, find the probability that one
person will win both prizes if that person buys exactly 2 tickets
5. When two events are independent, the probability of both occurring is:
A) P(A and B) = P(A) + P(B)
B) P(A and B) = P(A + B)
C) P(A and B) = P(A)â?¢P(B)
D) P(A and B) = P(Aâ?¢B)
6. Which of the following would be used to find the number of ways to choose 1
chairperson and 2 committee members to serve on the holiday party planning committee from a department of 12 employees?
A) 12 â?¢ 12C2 B) 12 â?¢ 11C2 C) 11 â?¢ 12P3 D) 1 â?¢ 11P2
Thanks for allowing me to work on your questions. Here are my answers:
1. since rain and not rain are mutually exclusive, the probability of not rain P=1-P(rain)=1-0.26=0.74.
2. Since there are only 5, 6 that are greater than 4 ...
The solution provides detailed explanation for multiple probability problems.