See file attached.
Using the Major League Baseball Data Set available through the "Data Sets" link on your page, answer the research question of whether the number of wins of a team can be explained linearly by
The Size of Stadium,
What I need to do is describe and perform multiple regression test process: set up the hypothesis, whether the number of wins of a team linearly by the Size of the Stadium, ERA, Stolen Bases.
H0: All of the coefficients are zero
H1: At least one coefficient is non-zero
** Please see the attached file for the complete solution response **
Here the problem is to examine if the number of wins of a team is linearly related to size of the stadium, ERA and Stolen Bases. In other words, we want examine whether the number of wins of a team can be explained by a multiple regression model by taking size of the stadium, ERA and Stolen Bases as explanatory variables.
To conduct this analysis we have to run multiple regression analysis by taking number of wins as the independent variable and size of the stadium, ERA and Stolen Bases as dependent variables. In MS Excel this can be implemented as follows.
Procedure for Regression Analysis in Excel
1. Enter data in an excel sheet giving variable names in the first row
2. Tools > Data Analysis > Regression > OK
3. Click on Input Y Range (Select the dependent variable range including the variable name)
4. Click on Input X Range (Select the independent variables range including the variable names)
5. Click the check box against Labels in the First ...
This solution provides a detailed discussion of the given statistics problem.