What is you numeric and verbal hypothesis statement regarding your research?
Verbal: If a baseball team has a salary greater than the mean amount, then the wins for that year will be greater than 75.
Alternate: If a baseball team has a salary less than the mean amount, then the wins for that year will be less than 75.
Numeric: H0 (S0) μ < (W1) 75
H1 (S0) μ > (W1) 75
S0 = Salary
W1 = Wins
What is your research issue?
We would like to determine if a higher salary increases wins.
What is your research question in which you can test two or more populations?
Does a higher salary in any baseball team increase the wins of the team?
2. Perform the five-step hypothesis test on data pertaining to your selection.
3. Describe the results of your test, and explain how the findings from this hypothesis testing can be used to answer your research question.
4. Be sure to include your raw data tables and the results of your computations in your paper, using both graphical and tabular methods of displaying data and results.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 1:21 am ad1c9bdddf
A Complete, Neat and Step-by-step Solution is provided in the attached Excel file.
Statistics: One sample hypothesis testing for baseball salary data
Attached is the data set and the verbal hypothesis.
One Sample Hypothesis Testing
· Use the ratio or interval numerical data from one of the data set
· Develop one research question from which you will formulate a research hypothesis.
· Prepare a paper describing the results of a hypothesis test of one population mean or population proportion.
· Include the following in your paper:
o Formulate both a numerical and verbal hypothesis statement regarding your research issue.
o Perform the five-step hypothesis test on data pertaining to your selection.
o Describe the results of your test and explain how the findings from this hypothesis testing may be used to answer your research question.
· Include your raw data tables and the results of the computations of your z-test or t-test using graphical and tabular methods of displaying data and results.View Full Posting Details