The pulse rates below were recorded over a 30-second time period, both before and after a physical fitness regimen. The data is shown below for 8 randomly selected participants. Is there sufficient evidence to conclude that a significant amount of improvement took place? Assume pulse rates are normally distributed. Test using = 0.10.
· State the null and alternate hypotheses
· Calculate the mean and standard deviation
· Determine which test statistic applies, and calculate it
· Determine the critical value(s).
· State your decision: Should the null hypothesis be rejected?
Before 33 40 34 37 55 41 52 45
After 34 44 43 39 56 47 52 48
(please show all work)
Hypothesis testing is discussed to analyze pulse rates.