1. Assume that you plan to use a significance level of ? = .05 to test the claim that p1 =p2. Use the given sample sizes and numbers of successes to find the pooled estimate p. Round to the nearest thousandth
n1 = 34 n2 = 414
x1 = 15 x2 =105
2. Assume that you plan to use a significance level of ? = .05 to test the claim that p1 =p2. Use the given sample sizes and numbers of successes to find the z test statistic for the hypothesis test.
3. In a vote on the Clean Water bill, 44% of the 205 Democrats voted for the bill while 46% of the 230 Republicans voted for it. Use the traditional method to test the given hypothesis. Assume that the samples are independent and that they have been randomly selected
4. In a random sample of 500 people aged 20-24 22% were smokers. In a random sample of 450 people aged 25-29, 14% were smokers. Test the claim that the proportion of smokers in the two age group is the same. Use a significance level of .01
5. Test the indicated claim about the means of two populations. Assume that the two samples are independent simple random samples selected from normally distributed populations. Do not assume that the population standard deviations are equal. Use the traditional method or P â?"value method as indicated.
A researcher was interested in comparing the response times of two different cab companies. Companies A and B were each called 50 randomly selected times. The calls to company A were made independently of the calls to company B. The response time for each call was recorded. The summary statistics were as follows:
Company A Company B
Mean response time
Use a .02 significance level to test the claim that the mean response time for the company A is the same as the mean response time for company B. Use the P-value method of hypothesis testing© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com December 20, 2018, 5:17 am ad1c9bdddf
Complete, Neat and Step-by-step Solutions are provided in the attached Excel file.