In a study conducted, researchers gave prescription X to 2,325 people and an inactive prescription to 2,081 people (avg age 58). After 5 years, 57 of the prescription X population had suffered a heart attack, compared to 97 for the inactive drug.
Need to answer the following:
1. Overall does lovastatin reduce the risk of heart attack?
2. State the appropriate hypothesis
3. Obtain a test statistic and p-value. Interpret the results at alpha = .01.
4. Is normality assured?
5. Is the difference large enough to be important?
6. What else would researchers need to know before prescribing this drug widely?
Excel and Word attachments test whether Iovastatin reduces the risk of a heart attack, including hypothesis, test statistics and normality assessment.