Part 1 1. Use the ANOVA table SV----SS-----DF----MS----F Between 64---------------8 Within-------------2------ Total 100----------------- SSB = 64, SST = 100, MSW = 2, F = 8
a. The number of degrees of freedom corresponding to between treatments is?
b. The number of degrees of freedom corresponding to within treatments is?
c. The mean square between treatments (MSB) is?
Please note: right here we are using different terminology:
1. Sum of squares due to treatments (SSTR) is equivalent to Sum of Squares Between (SSB)
2. Mean Square due to treatment (MSTR) is equivalent to Mean Square Between (MSB)
3. Sum of Squares due to error (SSE) is equivalent to Sum of Squares Within (SSW)
4. Mean Square due to error (MSE) is equivalent to Mean Square Within (MSW)
Therefore F= MSTR/MSE = MSB/MSW and SST = SSTR + SSE = SSB+SSW **************************
Part 2 1. In a random sample of 50 women, 32 reported that they favor the Redskins to win the Superbowl, while in a sample of 100 men, 70 favored the Redskins to win.
a. the point estimate of the difference between the proportions of the two populations is?
b. the standard error of the difference between the proportions of the two populations is?
c. the 95% confidence interval for the difference between the proportions of the two populations is?
2. A sample of 1000 adults and teens found the following; Coffee drinkers: 100 teens, 300 adults, total 400 Tea drinkers: 50 teens, 100 adults, total 150 Soda drinkers: 200 teens, 200 adults, total 400 Other beverages: 25 teens, 25 adults, total 50 Total teens: 375 Total adults: 625 We are testing for independence between age (adult and teen)
a. with a .05 level of significance, the critical value for the test is?
b. the expected number of adults who prefer soda is?
c. the calculated value for the test for independence is?
PLEASE explain and show all calculations.
The degrees of freedom, mean squares and point estimates are determined. A Complete, Neat and Step-by-step Solution is provided in the attached file.