Not what you're looking for?
An auditor for a government agency is assigned to the task of evaluating reimbursement for office visits to doctors paid by Medicare. The audit is to be conducted for all Medicare payments in a particular area during a certain month. An audit is conducted on a sample of 75 of the reimbursements with the following results.
Average amount of reimbursement $93.70
Standard deviation of reimbursement $34.55
Number of reimbursements where an
incorrect amount was provided 12
a. At the 0.05 level of significance, is there evidence that the proportion of incorrect reimbursements in the population is greater than 10%? What is the p-value of the test?
b. What is the smallest sample size needed to estimate the mean amount reimbursed to within 50 cents with 90% confidence, if a preliminary study indicates that the sample standard deviation of all amounts reimbursed is $3.00
Purchase this Solution
The following involves medicare payments and determining the % of reimbursements where an incorrect amount was provided. The following hypothesis is tested: Is the proportion of incorrect reimbursements in a population less than 10%? The hypothesis test is conducted, p-value is reported, and a test of sample size is reported.
n = 75
<X> = 93.70
sd = 34.55
number of incorrect reimbursements = 12
a = 0.05
Null hypothesis Ho: p - z*sd/sqrt(n) > po = 10% = 0.1
sample proportion p = 12/75 = 4/15 = 0.16
sd = ...
- BEng, Allahabad University, India
- MSc , Pune University, India
- PhD (IP), Pune University, India
- " In question 2, you incorrectly add in the $3.00 dividend that was just paid to determine the value of the stock price using the dividend discount model. In question 4 response, it should have also been recognized that dividend discount models are not useful if any of the parameters used in the model are inaccurate. "
- "feedback: fail to recognize the operating cash flow will not begin until the end of year 3."
- "Answer was correct"
- "Great thanks"
- "Perfect solution..thank you"
Purchase this Solution
Free BrainMass Quizzes
This quiz covers basic terms and definitions of statistics.
Each question is a choice-summary multiple choice question that presents you with a statistical concept and then 4 numbered statements. You must decide which (if any) of the numbered statements is/are true as they relate to the statistical concept.
Tests knowledge of the three main measures of central tendency, including some simple calculation questions.
This quiz evaluates the students understanding of the measures of central tendency seen in statistics. This quiz is specifically designed to incorporate the measures of central tendency as they relate to psychological research.