I need some help understanding statistical terms:
1. What are the different methods for describing data?
2. What is the difference between qualitative and quantitative data?
3. What is the difference between discrete and continuous data?
4. What is the difference between nominal, ordinal, interval, and ratio data?
1. There are mainly two methods of data description:
Part 1. numeric method: generally presentation of data in tabular form and their statistics like central value, variation from central value and distribution of data.
Part 2. Graphical method: generally in form of scattered graph, line graph, bar chart or pie chart, describing relation between dependent and independent variables visually.
2. Qualitative ...
This solution provides definitions of some basic statistical terms are described briefly.