[See attached data file.]
1. Use descriptive statistics to summarize the data. Your descriptive statistics should include the following items with a short explanation of what each means:
2. Develop a 95% confidence interval estimate of the mean age of the unemployed individuals in Philadelphia. Also, what does the interval mean?
3. Develop a null hypothesis and an alternative hypothesis. Conduct a hypothesis test to determine whether the mean duration of unemployment in Philadelphia is greater than the national mean duration of 14.6 weeks. Use a .01 level of significance. What does the outcome mean?
4. Is there a relationship between the age of an unemployed individual and the number of weeks of unemployment? Why or why not?
5. Please help write a conclusion that addresses your findings from questions 1-4. In other words, based on your analysis prompted by questions 1-4, what can you determine from the data and your analysis?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com June 24, 2018, 2:28 pm ad1c9bdddf