A researcher wishes to determine whether people with high blood pressure can reduce their blood pressure by following a particular diet. Use the sample data below to test the claim that the treatment population mean mu_1 is smaller than the control population mean mu_2. Test the claim using a significance level of 0.01. You may assume the samples are independent and were randomly selected.
Treatment Group Control Group
n1 = 85 n2 = 75
x-bar1 = 189.1 x-bar2 = 203.7
s1 = 38.7 s2 = 89.2
You will be asked to identify each of the following.
11. The justification for normality in this situation.
12. The null and alternative hypotheses appropriate for this test.
13. The calculated value of the test statistic. (To match my answer you will need to take Treatment Group - Control Group.)
14. The prob-value calculated for this test.
15. The decision reached by this test.
The step-by-step method for computing confidence interval, hypotheses, p-value, test statistic and more for mean blood pressure is included in an attachment.