NEED TO USE ATTACHED SPREADSHEET, ALL CALCULATIONS IN EXCEL
I need to determine whether the distribution of 100 scores in normally distributed. (see attached spreadsheet and please use template for answers) Perform a chi-square goodness-of-fit test. Report and interpret the computed p-value. What can you conclude about normality?
1. Create a table of appropriate descriptive statistics of the grades
2. Add a column to this table of the expected values if the distribution were normal
3. Create a histogram including both the expected values and the observed values
4. Calculate the Chi-Square statistic
5. Calculate the p-value
The degrees of freedom to use in a chi square test are based on:
1. The number of bins used in the histogram or frequency table for the data being analyzed. Call this number k.
2. The number of parameters being estimated for the distribution. Call this number c.
3. The degrees of freedom for the Chi Square is given by k-c-1© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com June 20, 2018, 12:07 am ad1c9bdddf
The solution provides step by step method for the calculation of chi square test statistic for goodness of fit problem. Formula for the calculation and Interpretations of the results are also included.