An ANOVA test was conducted with respect to the population mean. The null hypothesis was rejected. This indicates
1. There were too many degrees of freedom.
2. There is no difference between the population means.
3. There is a difference between at least two population means.
4. A larger sample should be selected.
5. None o
1. You want to prove that a population mean is not 7. Data is ratio and a large sample size will be used (n = 225). When the sample is done the sample mean is computed to be 7.2 and the sample standard deviation is 1.5. Test the hypothesis using an alpha of 5%. Use formal hypothesistestingand compute the p-value.
For now, please formulate a hypothesis statement that will be the equivelent, nonparametric test of hypothesis from the attached ANOVAtestingand results. I need a hypothesis with the same research question but in nonparametric test. Also provide the type of nonparametric test should be used.
1.Please provide hypothesis stat
Please answer the question below. Please submit your solution as an Excel attachment and be sure to show ALL calculations that you use to prepare the ANOVA table.
A real estate developer is considering investing in a shopping mall on the outskirts of Atlanta, Georgia. Three parcels of land are being evaluated. A random sample
1. When to use a t-testand when to use a z-test for one-sample analysis? Give Example.
2. When to use a t-testand when to use a z-test for two-sample analysis? Give Example.
3 When is an independent t-test used as opposed to dependent t-test? Give Example.
4. When is ANOVA used? Which follow up tests are used
A consumer research group is investigating performance claims from four different detergents. The following "whiteness" readings were obtained with specifically designed equipment for 12 loads of washing distributed over three different models of washing machine. Use the five step hypothesistesting procedure to determine if the
I Completed the first half, but I am struggling with the questions below. They are multiple choice.
Objective: Apply hypothesistesting to different populations and samples in business research situations.
5. One characteristic of any Student's t distribution is
a. It is right skewed.
b. As n increases, the t-di
The following is sample information. Test the hypothesis at the .05 significance level that the treatment means are equal.
Treatment 1 = 9, 7, 11,9,12, 10
Treatment 2 = 13, 20, 14, 13
Treatment 3 = 10,9,15,14,15
1. State the null hypothesisand the alternate hypotheses.
2. What is the decision rule?
3. Compute SST,
pop. size crime
Nashville 569891 46016
Knoxville 173890 11983
Chattanooga 155554 15867
Using the above data write a hypothesisand preform an ANOVA test in excel. Test whether or not the crime rate is different in three different size cities. 0.05.