Given the following sample information, test the hypothesis that the treatment means are equal at the .05 significance level.
Treatment 1 Treatment 2 Treatment 3
8 3 3
11 2 4
10 1 5
1. State the null hypothesis and the alternate hypothesis.
2. What is the decision rule?
3. Compute SST, SSE, and SS total.
4. Complete an ANOVA table.
5. State your decision regarding the null hypothesis.
6. If H0 is rejected, can we conclude that treatment 1 and treatment 2 differ? Use the 95 percent level of confidence.
Step by step method for testing the hypothesis under 5 step approach is discussed here. Excel template for each problem is also included. This template can be used to obtain the answers of similar problems.