Hello I would like assistance with answering the following question thank you.
Identify each of the following terms, concepts, and/or figures in a few short sentences:
organization religious movement
SEGREGATION: separation from a group - does not have to be because of race or gender, can be for any reason - when someone is not included in any type of group for any type of reason
URBANIZATION: he removal of the rural characteristics of a town or area, a process associated with the development of civilization and technology. Demographically, the term denotes redistribution of populations from rural to urban settlements
TAKEN FROM: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urbanization
SECT: a group adhering to a distinctive doctrine or to a leader
TAKEN FROM: http://www.merriam-webster.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?sect
GREENHOUSE EFFECT: the rise in temperature that the Earth experiences because certain gasses in the atmosphere (water vapor, carbon dioxide, nitrous oxide, and methane, for example) trap energy from the sun. Without these gasses, heat would escape back into space and Earth's average temperature would be about 60ºF colder. Because of how they warm our world, these gasses are referred to as greenhouse gasses.
CULT: 1. a particular system of religious worship, esp. with reference to its rites and ceremonies.
2. an instance of great veneration of a person, ideal, or thing, esp. as manifested by a body of admirers: the physical fitness cult.
3. the object of such devotion.
4. a group or sect bound together by veneration of the same thing, person, ideal, etc.
5. Sociology. a group having a sacred ideology and a set of rites centering around their sacred symbols.
6. a religion or sect considered to be false, unorthodox, or extremist, with members often living outside of conventional society under the direction of a charismatic leader.
7. the members of such a religion or sect.
TAKEN FROM: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cult
REFORM MOVEMENT: a kind of social movement that aims to make a gradual change or change in certain aspects of society rather than rapid or fundamental changes. A reform movement is ...
The following posting defines the following terms: segregation, urbanization, sect, greenhouse effect, cult, reform movement, health maintenance, organization religious movement, mortality rate, revolutionary movement, maldistribution, collectivity, gemeinschaft, alternative movement, gesellschaft.