The United States is a nation of immigrants. There is a great deal of controversy over issues of undocumented immigration.
- What is the historical pattern of immigration concerns in the economy?
- How are certain groups targeted?
- What role do corporations that use cheap labor practices play at home and overseas?
- Does immigration pose a threat to the host nation?
Hello and welcome to BrainMass today.
- What is the historical pattern of immigration concerns and the economy?
In the past, immigrants were accepted into countries that needed workers to support the industrial boom. During the early part of the 20th century, for example, the numbers in the United States boomed due to a high need to run the factories and support the economic conditions of the Industrial Revolution. However, during the Great Depression, many immigrants returned to their native country in response to depressed conditions of the economy and immigrants entered the United States in far less numbers. Since the end of the Great Depression, the flow of immigration became more due to ...
This posting discusses immigration in the United States.