What is the biggest reason for "change" in religion and what is the largest role in the evolution in religion? Please list some modern religions.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 10:06 am ad1c9bdddf
Modernization is perhaps the biggest reason for our "change" in religion, as well as new religious developments. As scientific beliefs grow, so do secularization perspectives which include both modern facts, as well as traditional theological beliefs. Modernization does not necessarily involve the disappearance of religions, but that of additional beliefs or even a combination of past beliefs.
Multiculturalism also plays a large role in the evolution of religion. Today, especially in the Americas, there are many distinct cultural groups. Within these groups comes a diverse set of beliefs. Because of this rise in blended society, different religions have either inspired or hindered peoples' thoughts. We have the traditionalists, the fundamentalists, the liberalists and the humanists.
With the force of ...
This solution of 500 words discusses modernization of religions with real-life examples of Wicca, Universalists, Mormons and others.
Philosophy of Religion
There seems to be a contradiction between two beliefs held by a rather large number of Christians in the United States.
1. Many Christians seem to accept modern cosmology: Galileo's view that the Earth is not the center of the Universe.
2. Many of these same people are dead set against the theory of Evolution.
Originally, the Church convicted Galileo for heresy because of his theory. Since then, the Church has changed its mind. There are two related issues that we are to address:
1. Why has the Church decided to accept modern cosmology?
2. Why can't Christians accept Evolution?
In 150-200 words:
1. Name a reason the Church has given for accepting the heliocentric theory.
2. Why can, or can't the same reasoning used by the Church to change their minds about the heliocentric theory be applied by Christians to the theory of evolution?
3. Be sure to provide the URL of the your source or sources.View Full Posting Details