Is Dysthymia a form of depression or is it a disorder in its own class? How do the signs and symptoms of dysthymia differ from those of a Major Depression? What is the treatment for Dysthymia and does it differ from that of Major Depression?
Let's take a closer look.
1. Is dysthymia a form of depression or is it a disorder in its own class?
One variation of depression, which is considered a disorder on its own, is a chronic state of blues called dysthymia. (1)
2. How do the signs and symptoms of dysthymia differ from those of a major depression?
Dsythymia: Signs and Symptoms
1. Symptoms of dysthymia are subtler than those of major depression but they can undermine a person's ability to enjoy life and reach their full potential.
2. Together with a chronically low mood, symptoms of dysthymia include:
(1) Chronic fatigue
(2) Poor self-esteem,
(3) Difficulties concentrating
(4) Chronic upsets in appetite and ...
This solution explains Dysthymia in terms of signs, symptoms and treatment, and how its symptoms and treatment differ from those of a Major Depression.