300 words or more.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 7:21 am ad1c9bdddf
I. First let's define Bulimia Nervosa: The DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual- IV-TR) defines bulimia as:
A. "Recurrent episodes of binge eating. An episode of binge eating is characterized by both of the following:
(1) Eating, in a discrete period of time (e.g. within any 2- hour period - an amount of food that is definitely larger than most people would eat during a similar period of time and under similar circumstances)
(2) A sense of lack of control over eating during the episode (e.g. a feeling that one cannot stop eating or control what or how much one is eating)
B. Recurrent inappropriate compensatory behavior in order to prevent weight gain such as self-induced vomiting; misuse of laxatives, diuretics, enemas, or other medications; fasting; or excessive exercise.
C. The binge eating and inappropriate compensatory behaviors both occur, on average, at least twice a week for 3 months.
D. Self-evaluation is unduly influenced by body shape and weight.
E. The disturbance does not occur exclusively during episodes of Anorexia Nervosa.
Purging Type: During the current episode of Bulimia Nervosa, the person has regularly engaged in self-induced vomiting or the misuse of laxatives, diuretics or enemas.
Nonpurging Type: During the current episode of Bulimia Nervosa, the person has used other inappropriate compensatory behaviors, such as fasting or excessive exercise, but has not ...
The expert designs a new intervention, or extends an existing one that addresses the issues found within current practices or theories with the eating disorder bulimia nervous among the female populations is determined.
I need help with the following:
- Describe an addictive issue or behavioral compulsion amenable to treatment and intervention.
- Justify an intervention approach to the selected behavioral issue.
- Describe the perceived benefit the behavioral issue treatment has for the field of services for addictive and compulsive behaviors.View Full Posting Details