Not what you're looking for?
1. Can you provide me with a brief history of the disorder and the different terminology used to describe Attention Deficit Disorder in adults (i.e., MBB, Hyperactivity, ADD, ADHD)? How do these terms relate and how does learning disability (LD) fit into this relationship? Thank you.
Purchase this Solution
This solutions provides a brief history of Attention Deficit Disorder in Adults, including how the different terminology evolved overtime (i.e., MBB, Hyperactivity, ADD, AD/HD, ADHD). It also explains how the disorder(s) relates to learning disability (LD). Supplemented with two links: one link is for a symptoms checklist for ADHD in Adults, and the other gives an excellent overview, including the prevalence of the disorder in adults and other highly relevant information.
1. Can you provide me with a brief history of the disorder and the different terminology used to describe Attention Deficit Disorder in adults (i.e., MBB, Hyperactivity, ADD, ADHD)? How do these terms relate and how does learning disability (LD) fit into this relationship?
These terms and acronyms are basically describing the same condition over time, that of present day Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). The change in terminology is basically due to increased knowledge about the different disorders, including ADHD. As our knowledge increases our theories change about what causes the symptoms or cluster of symptoms, as do our labels used to define these symptoms. I will explain this more fully by answering the questions in the order that you asked them.
First, though, I want to remind you that this brief summary is but a tip of the iceberg so, please, take the time and opportunity to read the list of suggested readings also.
1. MBD, HYPERACTIVITY, ADD, and ADHD: How do they relate?
(1) While there is agreement that ADHD occurs in adults, the terminology and our understanding of its underlying pathology are still emerging.
(2) The names and criteria for this syndrome have changed frequently over time, reflecting shifts in prevailing thinking about key ...
Purchase this Solution
Free BrainMass Quizzes
How much do you know about Sigmund Freud's theories? Find out with this quiz!
This quiz addresses controversies in developmental psychology.
This quiz will explore the faucets of abnormal psychology, from the question of what is abnormal, to the intricacies of DSM diagnosable disorders.
This quiz evaluates the common characteristics seen in qualitative methodology.
A quiz related to the introductory concepts of positive psychology.