1. Explain with examples how the process of natural selection & sexual selection are thought to have contributed to modern day human behaviour.
2. Describe what is meant by the terms natural & sexual selection.
Examples needed that relate to modern human behaviour. There should be at least 1 example of natural selection which is worked through in detail showing how it relates to modern human behaviour, there should be 1 example of sexual selection related to a different behaviour. Behaviour can include everything people can experience or do - experience, emotions, moods or cognitive states aswell as acting in particular ways.Explore the term contributed!! If you choose to use the theory of mind as an eg you will need to concentrate on explain its evolution rather than describing research that investigates its development in children
PLEASE USE REFERENCES IF USED!!!
Let's take a closer look.
1. Describe what is meant by the terms natural & sexual selection.
Over time, organisms/species adapt and modify their phenotypes in ways that allow them to succeed in their environment. Natural selection is term proposed by Charles Darwin, which is a process comprising of four components (the following points are verbatim):
1. Variation. Organisms (within populations) exhibit individual variation in appearance and behavior. These variations may involve body size, hair color, facial markings, voice properties, or number of offspring. On the other hand, some traits show little to no variation among individuals-for example, number of eyes in vertebrates.
2. Inheritance. Some traits are consistently passed on from parent to offspring. Such traits are heritable, whereas other traits are strongly influenced by environmental conditions and show weak heritability.
3. High rate of population growth. Most populations have more offspring each year than local resources can support leading to a struggle for resources. ...
By addressing the questions, this solution discusses aspects of the theory of natural selection and sexual selection. References are provided.