1. What are some of the historical events that shaped the formation of the U.S. federal government? Select one event you think had a major effect on the federal government. How does this event affect Americans today?
2. Who were some of the early philosophical contributors to American government? How did their ideas help shape the current government of the United States?
3. Describe the historical role of the Supreme Court in federalism cases and the direction it has taken since 1990.
4. What is the main function of the legislative branch? What role does the executive branch play in the formation of laws? Summarize how these two branches work together.
5. What is the role of the judicial branch? Who elects members of this branch? Briefly describe the judicial process.
(Short answers are only required for each questions - No word limit)© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com May 20, 2020, 7:32 pm ad1c9bdddf
1. In England, the Puritans had a falling out with King Charles I, and with this they began to migrate to the New World. Another would be the taxing of goods and other things by the English on Americans without adequate representation in Parliament. The help and growing friendship between the French and those in the New World. The Revolutionary War, which was to bring the Americans under control for the English. The growing expansion of English lands throughout the world. All of these had an affect on the federal government and how it was set up. Today, many of these still create issues for Americans. Taxation without adequate representation, religious freedoms and freedom to complain about or support religious based ideas, continued foreign policies, right to bear arms, how to give ...
Answers to posed discussion questions on the U.S. Government.