1. Select the quantity that has changed--velocity or speed-- for a car that travels north at 88 km/h and then turns east while continuing to move at 88km/h.
3. How can you use a speedometer and a clock to tell how far you've traveled in a car if the car's odometer is not working.
5. Indicate which of the following has greater momentum: a 500 kg car moving at 64km/h, a 250 kg cart moving at 128 km/h, or a 1000 kg truck moving at 32 km/h.
6. Infer what you can say about the velocity of a car that is moving with a constant momentum.
Please see the attached file for detailed solution.
1. The velocity has changed when the car turned east.
Speed is a scalar variable. In both cases, the speeds are the same at 88 km /h.
However, the velocity is a vector including magnitude and direction. Although the magnitude (88 km/h) remained the same, the direction changed from north to east. Therefore, the velocity has changed.
The solution explains the parameters of the motion of an object, such as velocity, time, speed, and momentum, etc.