1) A blink lasts 100 milliseconds. How far does one travel in meters, if the planes average velocity is 2040mph?
2) A particles position is x=5-12t+3t^2, v=6t-12. The velocity at 1 sec = 6m/s. Is it moving toward x just then?
3) What is its speed just then?
4) Is the speed larger or smaller at much later times?
5) At what time is the velocity equal to zero?
6) What is the position at this time?
7) An automobile increases its speed uniformily from 26km/h to 72km/h in 0.56 min. A bicycle rider uniformily speeds up to 35km/h from rest in 0.56min. Calculate the acceleration of the automobile.
8) A plane in horizontal flight 40.0meters above level ground. The plane encounters terrain that sloped upward at 3.90 degrees. How much time does the pilot have to make a correction to avoid flying into the ground(s)? The speed of the plane is 1350km/h?
9) An animal leaps upward rising 0.524m in 0.210sec. What is its initial speed?
a) What is its speed at this height?
b) How much higher does it go?
1. Distance = speed*time =
[(2040 mi/hour)(1 hour/3600 sec)][(100 msec)(1 sec/1000 msec)] = 0.0567 miles.
2) Since the velocity is positive, the particle is moving forward (increasing).
3) 6t-12 = 6, so t = 3
4) Larger. Let t be 1000, then the velocity is 6000 - 12. The 12 ...
The distance a train travels and the average velocity of planes is given. This solution contains quick calculations and answers.