Please see the attached file.
1. A rocket is launched at an angle of 53.0° above the horizontal with an initial speed of 100 m/s. The rocket moves for 3.00 s along its initial line of motion with an acceleration of 30.0 m/s2. At this time, its engines fail and the rocket proceeds to move as a projectile. Find (a) the maximum altitude reached by the rocket, (b) its total time of flight, and (c) its horizontal range.
2. A bullet is fired from a gun at 300 m/s. It hits the ground 3s later. At what angle (in degrees) above the horizon was the bullet fired? (Assume no air resistance)
3. A jet aircraft being launched from an aircraft carrier is accelerated from rest along a 94 m track for 25s. What is the launched speed of the jet?
a. 45 m/s
b. 75 m/s
c. 94 m/s
d. 105 m/s
4. A v versus t graph is drawn for a ball moving in one direction. The graph starts at the origin and at t = 5s the acceleration of the ball is zero. We know that at t = 5s,
a. the slope of the curve is non-zero
b. the velocity of the ball is not changing
c. the curve is not crossing the time axis
d. the curve is at v = 0, t = 0
5. Human reaction time is usually greater than 0.2 s. If your lab partner holds a ruler between your finger and thumb and releases it without warning, how far can you expect the ruler to fall before you catch it? At least
a. 122 cm
b. 20.3 cm
c. 19.6 cm
d. 4.9 cm
The solution is comprised of detailed calculations related to the projectile motion of the rocket. It also explains the operations of vectors.