Not what you're looking for?
1. 45 A of current passes through a cross section of wire. How many charges pass through in 3 seconds?
A. 9.375 x 10^19
B. 3.59 x 10^16
C. 2.16 x 10^17
D. 8.4 x 10^20
2. A 30 ohm resistor dissipates 500W of power. What current is running through the resistor?
A. 15000 A
B. 16.6 A
C. 4.06 A
D. 0.052 A
3. How is current affected if the number of charge carriers decreases?
A. The current increases.
B. The current decreases.
C. The current initially decreases and then is gradually restored.
D. The current is not affected.
4. The current in an electron beam in a cathode-ray tube is 7.0 x 10^-5 A. How much charge hits the screen in 5.0 s?
5. A wire carries a steady current of 0.1 A over a period of 20 s. What total charge moves through the wire in this time interval?
Purchase this Solution
The solution applies simple, easy-to-understand formulae linking charge and current together in order to answer these short multiple choice questions concerning charge carriers and current through resistors.
Because, I = q/t,
45A current means 45 coulomb charge pass throgh the given cross section in 1 second.
Therefore, the charge which can pass through the given cross-section in 3 seconds = 3*45 = 135 Coulomb
- BEng, Allahabad University, India
- MSc , Pune University, India
- PhD (IP), Pune University, India
- " In question 2, you incorrectly add in the $3.00 dividend that was just paid to determine the value of the stock price using the dividend discount model. In question 4 response, it should have also been recognized that dividend discount models are not useful if any of the parameters used in the model are inaccurate. "
- "feedback: fail to recognize the operating cash flow will not begin until the end of year 3."
- "Answer was correct"
- "Great thanks"
- "Perfect solution..thank you"
Purchase this Solution
Free BrainMass Quizzes
Test your knowledge of moon phases and movement.
Some short-answer questions involving the basic vocabulary of string, sound, and water waves.
This quiz is for any area of science. Test yourself to see what knowledge of nanotechnology you have. This content will also make you familiar with basic concepts of nanotechnology.
This quiz will test your knowledge about basic Physics.
This quiz is designed to test and improve your knowledge on Classical Mechanics.