Take g=9.8m s(-2) for all these questions:
A tile slides off a roof pitched at an angle of 30 degrees to the horizontal. The distance from the roof to the ground (flat) is 12m. If the speed of the tile is 8m s(-1) when it leaves the roof find:
Please answer all the following questions with full explanations:
1) The horizontal and vertical components of the tile's velocity.
2) The vertical component of the tile's velocity when it reaches the ground.
3) The time for the tile to reach the ground.
4) The velocity of the tile when it reaches the ground.
5) How far from the foot of the wall the tile is when it hits the ground.
6) Why are these calculations likely to be different from values actually observed.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com December 19, 2018, 9:21 pm ad1c9bdddf
This includes calculations for horizontal and vertical components of velocity, time and distance, including explanations.