1) If you do 100 J of work to elevate a bucket of water, what is its gravitational energy relative to its starting position?
2) Suppose two blocks of ice are heading towards each other. Block A has a mass of 4.24 kg and is traveling at 2.24 m/s. Block B has a mass of 4.42 kg and is traveling at 2.24 m/s in the opposite direction. After the collision, they are traveling in the same direction and at the same speed. What is the speed they are traveling at?
3) An object has a mass of 8.14 kg and is moving at 5.11 m/s. How much kinetic energy does it have?
4) Two cars have a head-on collision. Both were traveling at 42 m/s toward each other. Car A has a mass of 558 kg. Car B has a mass of 868 kg. After impact, car A is moving backward at 3 m/s. What is car B's velocity after impact?
5) Mrs. Jacobs drops an object from 10 meters. She knows it did 47 Joules of work. What was the mass of the object?
6) Which requires more work? Lifting a 10 kg load a vertical distance of 2 meters or lifting a 5 kg load a distance of 4 meters?
The solution assists with answering basic physics problems.