5. A transformer with 300 loops in primary coil is connected to a 120-V source. How many turns are required, in the secondary coil, to provide an output of 240V?
6. Some electric cars use a process of regenerative braking; that is, they turn electric motor into a generator and recharge the battery when slowing the car. Is it correct to say that energy spent to climb a hill could be completely recovered when returning to the starting location?
7. A viewer observes an object submerged in water. Is the object located at the position of the visual image?
8. Explain Fermats principle of least time.
Please find the solutions attached.
1. A series circuit consists of 10,000, 20,000, and 30,000 ohm resistors connected in series across a 10-volt battery. Determine the current in the circuit?
Total resistance R = 10000 + 20000 + 30000 = 60000
Current in the circuit = V/R = 10/60000 = 1.67 x 10-4
2. Determine the propulsion force between two electric charges of 3 x and 7 x separated by a distance of 2 meters. (k=9,000,000,000
K = 9,000,000,000
F = ((9,000,000,000)*(3 x 10^-3)*(7 x 10^-3))/2^2 = 47,250 Newtons
3. Determine the power consumed by a light bulb ...
Series circuit, propulsion, resistance, power costs, transformer and Fermats are examined.