Not what you're looking for?
A U tube open at both ends is partially filled with water. Oil having a density of 750 kg/cubic meter is then poured into the right arm and forms a column L = 5.00 cm high. (a) Determine the difference h in the heights of the two liquid surfaces. The right arm is then shielded from any air motion while air is blown across the top of the left arm until the surfaces of the two liquids are at the same height. (b) Determine the speed of the air being blown across the left arm. Take the density of air as 1.29 kg/cubic meter.
I'm not exactly sure how to set this up. I'm not sure if there is a bouyant force on the oil. Can you help me?
Purchase this Solution
The solution involves calculations involving a U tube open at both sides and filled with water. It includes calculations for the different in heights of the two liquid surfaces an the speed of air blowing past one of the arms
Oil: (right arm)
h1 = 5.00 cm = 0.05 m (from top free surface of the oil)
d1 = 750 kg/m^3
Water: (left arm)
d2 = 1000 kg/m^3
h2 = ? (from free top surface of water, where it is in level with oil in the other ...
- BEng, Allahabad University, India
- MSc , Pune University, India
- PhD (IP), Pune University, India
- " In question 2, you incorrectly add in the $3.00 dividend that was just paid to determine the value of the stock price using the dividend discount model. In question 4 response, it should have also been recognized that dividend discount models are not useful if any of the parameters used in the model are inaccurate. "
- "feedback: fail to recognize the operating cash flow will not begin until the end of year 3."
- "Answer was correct"
- "Great thanks"
- "Perfect solution..thank you"
Purchase this Solution
Free BrainMass Quizzes
This quiz will test your knowledge about basic Physics.
How well do you understand variables? Test your knowledge of independent (manipulated), dependent (responding), and controlled variables with this 10 question quiz.
This quiz is designed to test and improve your knowledge on Classical Mechanics.
Test your knowledge of moon phases and movement.
This quiz is for any area of science. Test yourself to see what knowledge of nanotechnology you have. This content will also make you familiar with basic concepts of nanotechnology.