A full keg of beer weighs 170 lbf. The beer inside the keg weighs 124lbf and the container weighs 46lbf. The keg is placed at the top of ramp length L=8ft. from the back of your pickup truck to the ground and released.
1. The rotational and linear speed of the keg at the bottom of the ramp.
2. The kinetic engery of the keg at the bottom of the ramp.
3. The time it takes the keg to get to the bottom of the ramp.
4. The magnitude of the friction force between the keg and the ramp.
1. The coefficient of friction between the ramp and the keg is 0.35.
2. The height of the bed of the pickup truck is H=20 inches.
3. The container can be modeled as a perfect cylinder with a radius of 9 inches and no end caps.
4. The container rotates, but the beer inside does not.
1. The friction force is LESS than the coefficient of friction times the normal force.
The problem has been solved step by step explaining the fundamentals at each step.