Not what you're looking for?
See attached files.
1. Find the current in each resistor in attachment #1 which is #27 on the page and it is circled.
2. Find a). the equivalent resistance of the circuit in the second Attachment or #47 on page and it is circle as well,
b). each current in the circuit,
c). the potential difference across each resistor, and
d). the power dissipated by each resistor.
3. The student engineer of a campus radio station wishes to verify the effectiveness of the lightning rod on the antenna mast, this is attachment #3 and it says Figure P18.55. The unknown resistance Rx is between points c and e. Point e is a "true ground" but is inaccessible for direct measurement since this stratum is several meters below the earth's surface. Two identical rods are driven into the ground at a and b, introducing an unknown resistance Ry. The procedure is as follows: measure resistance R1 between points a and b, then connect a and b with a heavy conducting wire and measure resistance R2 between points a and c.
a). Derive a formula for Rx in terms of the observable resistances R1 and R2.
b). a satisfactory ground resistance would be Rx<2.0Ohms. Is the grounding of the station adequate if measurements give R1=13ohms and R2=6.0ohms?
Purchase this Solution
with detailed calculations and explanations, the problems are solved.
See the attached file.
1.) Let the current in 30 ohm res. be i1 (left to right), in 5 ohm i2 (left to right) and in 20 ohm i3 (right to left).
Now by KCL (Kirchhoff's current law) at any one of two junctions:
i1 + i2 - i3 = 0
=>i3 = i1 + i2 ......eqn(1)
by KVL in biggest closed loop (20 V battery, 30 ohm and 20 ohm res.):
summation(i*R) = summation(emf)
30 * i1 + 20 * (i1+i2) = 20
=>50.i1 + 20.i2 = 20
=> 5.i1 + 2.i2 = 2 ......eqn(2)
for lower closed loop (10 V battery and 5 and ...
- BEng, Allahabad University, India
- MSc , Pune University, India
- PhD (IP), Pune University, India
- " In question 2, you incorrectly add in the $3.00 dividend that was just paid to determine the value of the stock price using the dividend discount model. In question 4 response, it should have also been recognized that dividend discount models are not useful if any of the parameters used in the model are inaccurate. "
- "feedback: fail to recognize the operating cash flow will not begin until the end of year 3."
- "Answer was correct"
- "Great thanks"
- "Perfect solution..thank you"
Purchase this Solution
Free BrainMass Quizzes
This quiz is for any area of science. Test yourself to see what knowledge of nanotechnology you have. This content will also make you familiar with basic concepts of nanotechnology.
This quiz will test your knowledge about basic Physics.
Test your knowledge of moon phases and movement.
This quiz is designed to test and improve your knowledge on Classical Mechanics.
How well do you understand variables? Test your knowledge of independent (manipulated), dependent (responding), and controlled variables with this 10 question quiz.