Please see the attached files for full description.
15. The displacement of a mass oscillating on a spring is given by x(t) = x_m * cos(wt + ph). If the initial displacement is zero and the initial velocity is in negative x direction, then the phase constant phi is:
16. Mass m, oscillating on the end of a spring with spring constant k, has amplitude A. Its maximum speed is
18. If the length of a simple pendulum is doubled, its period will
19. A simple pendulum is suspended from a ceiling of an elevator. The elevator is accelerating upwards with acceleration a. The period of the pendulum, in terms of its length L, g, and a is
20. Three physical pendulums, with mass m1, m2 = 2m1, and m3 = 3m1, have the same shape and size and are suspended at the same point. Rank them according to their periods, from shortest to longest.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 9, 2019, 6:26 pm ad1c9bdddf
The solution focuses on the simple harmonic motion of the spring and simple pendulum.