Not what you're looking for?
1. If a cord is pulled upward, making an angle of 27º with respect to the horizon line, produces a force of 365N and can pull a box over the floor with a weight of 55.2 kg at a constant speed of 20.5 centimeters/sec - which is the magnitude of the friction force that opposes the movement of the box?
2. A boat pulls a water-skier at a constant speed of 13.5 meters/seconds. The tension of the cable is 165N - which is the magnitude of the friction force that the water and the air produces against the skier?
3. A parachuter of 72 Kilograms falls at a constant speed of 9.1 meters per second. The parachute has a mass of 6.5 Kilograms - a) What is the parachuter's weight? b) How big is the ascendant force that the air exercises on the parachuter and on the parachute?
4. A car of 1,270 Kilograms requires a horizontal force of 4770N to accelerate 0.175meters/seconds2 on a horizontal road. Which is the magnitude of the force that opposes said movement?
5. A car of 1,060 kg can accelerate from 0 to 80 kilometers in 9.4 seconds - How much force must should be exercise on the vehicle in order to obtain this acceleration?
6. A car pulls another car that weights 1,730 kilograms, if the car that is pulled must accelerate uniformly from 0 to 2.3 meter per second ... in 10.3 seconds ... How much force must be exercised by the pulling cable?
7. A car of 1570 kg moving at 17.5 meter/second must stop at 94.5 meters. What is the force?
Purchase this Solution
The solution involves various calculations using Newton's 2nd Law, including calculations for friction force, weight, gravitational force and acceleration.
1.) Because, the box has zero acceleration, therefore, along the plane (see attached figure),
Force of the cord F = mgsin(27) + f
(Because, F-mgsin(27)-f = m*a, a =0)
f = F - mgsin(27) = 365 - 55.2*9.8*sin(27) = 119.41 N --Answer
2.) Because, the speed is constant, therefore,
the friction force = Applied force = 165 N --Answer
(Because, F-f = m*a, a =0)
3.) mass of man M = 72 kg
v(constant) = 9.1 m/s
mass of parachute m = 6.5 kg
a.) Parachuer's weight,
W = Mg ...
- BEng, Allahabad University, India
- MSc , Pune University, India
- PhD (IP), Pune University, India
- " In question 2, you incorrectly add in the $3.00 dividend that was just paid to determine the value of the stock price using the dividend discount model. In question 4 response, it should have also been recognized that dividend discount models are not useful if any of the parameters used in the model are inaccurate. "
- "feedback: fail to recognize the operating cash flow will not begin until the end of year 3."
- "Answer was correct"
- "Great thanks"
- "Perfect solution..thank you"
Purchase this Solution
Free BrainMass Quizzes
Some short-answer questions involving the basic vocabulary of string, sound, and water waves.
How well do you understand variables? Test your knowledge of independent (manipulated), dependent (responding), and controlled variables with this 10 question quiz.
Test your knowledge of moon phases and movement.
This quiz is designed to test and improve your knowledge on Classical Mechanics.
This quiz will test your knowledge about basic Physics.