PLEASE SHOW ALL WORK FOR COMPLETE UNDERSTANDING!
1) A bacteria culture starts with 7 bacteria which multiply simultaneously every three house. If the first generation is born fromt he initial group at 12 midnight
a. How many bacteria will be in the culture at midnight the next night?
b. Also what time will there be 224 bacteria in the culture?
2) If you put $85.00 in a 4% single interest account that applies interest annually
a. How much will you have after 10 years?
b. In how many years will you have $153.00 in the account?
3) For the data set 2,-4,11,2,4 find the following
e. Standard deviation
4) Find the probability of tossing a "face divisible by 3" in a roll of dice
5) Find the probability of tossing an "even face" following by a "5" on two rolls of a dice© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 4, 2021, 6:21 pm ad1c9bdddf
1) A BACTERIA CULTURE STARTS WITH 7 BACTERIA WHICH MULTIPLY
SIMULTANEOUSLY EVERY THREE HOURS.IF THE FIRST GENERATION IS BORN
FROM THE INITIAL GROUP AT 12 MIDNIGHT. (A) HOW MANY BACTERIA WILL BE IN THE
CULTURE AT MIDNIGHT THE NEXT NIGHT? (B) ALSO WHAT TIME WILL THERE BE
224 BACTERIA IN THE CULTURE?
how many generations until midnight next? 12, 3, 6, 9, 12, 3, 6, 9, 12 nine generations
what happens at each generation...first generation 7 x 2 = 14
second generation 7 x 2^2 = 28
third generation 7 x 2^3 = 56 and so on ...
so for each generation n we have 7 x 2^n bacteria in the culture.
How many generations did we say until 12 the next night ....nine so we have 7 x 2^9 beasties.
Here, of course we are assuming none die or have other reproductive problems.
Ok and now we have a number of beasties that can also be given by our formula 7 x 2^n = 224 bacteria
so factor out 7 first leaving 32 and
then how many factors of two is 32 =2 x 16 = 2 x 2 x 8= 2 x 2 x 2 x 4 = 2^5 so 5 generations counting from 12 midnight that is 12, 3, 6, 9, 12 Noon. So at 12 noon until 2:59:99.99999999 PM we will expect to have 224 bacteria swimming happily in our media for their growth.
2) IF YOU PUT 85.00 DOLLARS IN A 4% SINGLE INTEREST ACCOUNT THAT APPLIES
Topics in this problem set include interest, mean, median, mode, range, standard deviation, population growth, and probability.