See attached file for full problem description.
1. Apply the slope predictor formula to find the slope of the line tangent to y = f(x) = (2x + 4)^2 - (2x -4)^2. Then write the equation of the line tangent to the graph of f at the point (3, f(3)).
2. Find all points on the curve y = (x+4)(x-5) at which the tangent line is horizontal.
3. suppose that a projectile is fired at an angle of 45 degrees from the horizontal. Its initial position is the origin in the xy-plane, and its initial velocity is 100√2 ft/sec. Then its trajectory will be part of the parabola y = x - (x/25)^2 for which y >=0.
(a) How for does the projectile travel (horizontally) before it hits the ground?
(b) What is the maximum height above the ground that the projectile attains
5. Given f(x) = 4/(x +8)^0.5, use the four-step process to find a slope predictor function m(x). Then write an equation for the line tangent to the curve at the point x = 8.
6. Use one-sided limits to find the limit or determine that the limit does not exist
7. find the trigonometric limit:
8. Use the Squeeze law of limits to find the limit.
9. Given h(x) = (x -9)/|x-9|, tell where h is continuous.
10. Given f(x) = (x -4) /(x^2 - 16), find all points where f is not defined (and therefore not continuous). For each point, tell whether or not the discontinuity is removable.
11. Find a value for c so that f(x) is continuous for all x.
12. determine where the function f(x) = x + [|x^2|] - [|x|] is continuous.
The solution is comprised of detailed explanation of the four-step process of slope predictor formula for the calculation of the tangent line of the curve. It also elaborates on the conditions of the continuous function. Furthermore, the solution includes various examples of calculation of limits.