I need help in completing the following exercises. I need to use the Equation Editor in Microsoft® Word to do these problems, then submit a Word document, showing the work and answers.
Attached you will find the problems to be completed.
Please help me by actually working the problems with microsoft Equation Editor & replying with a word attachment.
8. the ratio of 5 3/5 to 2 1/10
24. The ratio of 7 dimes to 3 quarters
34. Crafts. Marc took 3 hours (h) to mow a lawn while Angelina took 150 minutes (min) to mow the same lawn a week earlier. Write the ratio of Marc's time to Angelina's time as a ratio of whole numbers.
Find each rate
14. 240 pounds of fertilizer / 6 lawns
30. Which is the better buy: 5 lb of sugar for $4.75 or 20 lb of sugar for $19.92?
10. If Maria hit 8 home runs in 15 softball games, then she should hit 24 home runs in 45 games.
Determine whether each pair of fractions is proportional.
28. 5/8 = 75 / 120
Determine if the given rates are equivalent.
48. 12 gallons of paint / 8329 square ft = 9 gallons of paint / 1240 square ft
16. Business and finance. A store has T-shirts on sale at 2 for $5.50. At this rate, what do five T-shirts cost?
Many people are interested in losing weight through exercise. An important fact to consider is that a person needs to burn off 3,500 calories more than he or she takes in to lose 1 pound, according to the American Dietetic Association.
The following table shows the number of calories burned per hour (cal/h) for a variety of activities, where the figures are based on a 150-pound person.
1. If a person jogs at a rate of 5 1/2 mi/h for 3 1/2 h in a week, how many calories do they burn?
2. If a person runs in place for 15 minutes, how many calories will be burned?
3. If a person cross-country skis for 35 minutes, how many calories will be burned?
4. How many hours would a person have to jump rope in order to lose 1 pound?
5. At what rate would a 120-pound person burn calories while bicycling at 12 mi/h?
6. At what rate would a 180-pound person burn calories while bicycling at 12 mi/h?
7. How many hours of jogging at 5 1/2 mi/h would be needed for a 200-pound person to lose 5 pounds?
The solution is comprised of comprehensive explanations on the topic of ratio and rate.