1. Find the doubling time of an investment earning 8% interest if interest is compounded continuously.
2. Find the limit of f(x) = (7x+7)/(4x+4) as x approaching positive infinity and negative infinity.
4. Find the limit of f(x) as x approaches c from the right and find the limit of f(x) as x approaches c from the left for the given function and value of c:
f(x)=(x+8) X (|x=2|)/(x=2), c=-2
5. Find an equation for the line tangent to y= -1-4x^2 at (-2,-17)
6. Find the limit by substitution of the following the limit as x approaches 5pie/6 of x sinx
7. For the given function f(x) and the numbers L, x sub 0, Epsilon > 0, find an open interval about x sub 0 on which the inequality |f(x) - L| < Epsilon holds. Then give a value for delta > 0 such that for all x satisfying o<|x-x sub 0|<delta the inequality |f(x)-L|< Epsilon holds.
f(x)= the square root of 22-x, L=2, x sub zero = 18, and Epsilon = .1
**The terminology on this makes my brain hurt, can you also put this question in simpler terms when you answer it so I can understand similar problems like this in the future?**
8. Find the limit as x approaches 1 from the right of the function 1/(x-1).
The solution examines functions, limits and continuity.