Calc Questions & Answers
1) Make a List of 10 Mathish words or terms that were covered in this Calculus class and provide a brief definition ( more than 10 words)
2) If Zero * Infinity is considered Non-Sense, What is Zero divided by Infinity? Give a 25 word or so explanation
3) Write the sum 2 + 4 + 6 + .....+ 98 + 100 in summation notation.
4) You want to make a tin can using as little material as possible. If the volume of the can is 64 cubic
inches, what should the radius and height of the can equal?
5) A farmer with 750 feet of fencing wants to enclose a rectangular area, and then divide it
into 4 pens with fencing parallel to one side of the rectangle. What is the largest possible
total area of the four pens?
X ->0- X
7) A car A is travelling north (up) along the y -axis while a car B is travelling west (to the
left) along the x -axis. At a particular instant, car A is at the point (0, 40) (mi) and travelling
north at 50 mi/hr while car B is at (30,0) and travelling west at 30 mi/hr. At what rate is the
distance between the two cars changing at this instant?
8) What is the asymptote of the curve x+1/x. Write a Mathish expression for the Limit.
9) Write the sum (using summation notation) for the approximation to the area under the curve y = x^3 on the interval [1, 3] using 4 equal subintervals, and using the "midpoint rule". You needn't actually calculate the sum.
This posting contains the solution to the given problems.