I need the following word problems answered and explained with formulations and calculations.
Solve each inequality. State the solution set in interval notation and sketch its graph.
-3<or equal x <or equal -1=
Solve by using an inequality.
1. Car Selling. Ronald wants to sell his car through a broker who charges a commission of 10% of the selling price. Ronald still owes $11,025 on the car. Ronald must get enough to at least pay off the loan. What is the range of the selling price?
Adjusting antifreeze. Angela needs 2o quarts of 50% antifreeze solution in her radiator. She plans to obtain this by mixing some pure antifreeze with an appropriate amount of 40% antifreeze solution. How many quarts each should she use?
100% antifreeze?quarts=50% solution 20 quart
2. Leading men. Bob Hope was born 2 years after Clark Gable and 2 years before Henry Fonda (DoubleDay Almanac). In 1951, after all three of them had their birthdays, the sum of their ages was 144. In what years were thy born?
3. Recovering golf balls. Susan and Joan are diving for golf balls in a large water trap. Susan recovers a ball every 0.025 hours. If both are working, then at what rate (in golf balls per hour) are they recovering golf balls?
4. A forensic scientist uses the expression 72.6 + 2.5T to estimate the height in centimeters of a female with a tibia of length T centimeters. If a female skeleton has a tibia of length 32.4 cm, then what was the height of the person? Find the length of your tibia in centimeters, and use the expression from this exercise to estimate your height.
5. Use. 330.20 million to determine whether United States or Mexico will have the greater increase in population between 2004 and 2015.
6. In 2004 the population was 106.5 million. If Mexico's population continues to grow at an annual rate of 1.43%, then the population in 2015 will be 106.5(1.0143)11 million. Find the predicted population in 2015 to the nearest tenth of a million.
7. Helen has 1/5 of her portfolio in US stocks, 1/8 of her portfolio in European stocks, and 1/10 of her portfolio in Japanese stocks. The remainder is invested in municipal bonds. What fraction of her portfolio is invested in municipal bonds? What percent is invested in municipal bonds?
8. Write an inequality to describe.
Write an inequality in the variable x for the degree measure of the smallest angle of the triangle, given that the degree measure of the smallest angle is at most 30 degrees.
The solution is comprised the step by step solution of solving the inequality. It also contains the application of inequality to solve the world problems.