Solve and graph
52. [8x - 3(3x + 2)] - 5 > = 3(x + 4) - 2x
25. Elaine's height is 67in. Determine, in terms of an inequality, those weights W that will keep her body mass index below 25.
76. A long-distance telephone call using Down East Calling costs 10 cents for the first minute and 8 cents for each additional minute. The same call, placed on Long Call Systems, costs 16 cent for the first minute and 6 cents for each additional minute. For what length phone calls is Down East Calling less expensive?
80. Bayside Insurance offers two plans. Under plan A, Giselle would pay the first $50 of her medical bills and 20% of a bill after that. Under plan B, Giselle would pay the first $250 of bills, but only 10% of the rest. For what amount of medical bills will Plan B save Giselle money?(Assume that her bills will exceed $250)
Intersections, Unions, and Compound Inequalities
Solve and graph: Report solution as a graph, as a solution set and as an interval 38*, 58*
38*. -4 <= 7 - 3x <= 4
Graph and write interval notation
58*. 7 - 3x < - 4 or 7 - 3x > 4
66. Young's rule for determining the amount of a medicine dosage for a child is given by:
Where a is the child's age and d is the usual adult dosage, in milligrams. A 5 year-old needs medication. What adult dosage can be used if a child's dosage must stay between 50 mg and 100 mg? Find the equivalent adult dosage.
36. | 9y - 2| = 17
52. 2|2x - 7| + 11 = 25
Solve: Report solution as a graph, as a solution set and as an interval 88*,90*
88. |5x + 2| <= 13
90. |7 - 2y| > 5
34. y < x
y > - x + 3
44. 4y - 3x >= - 12
4y + 3x >= - 36
x >= 0
The solution shows how to solve and graph compound inequalities and system of inequalities in detail.