1. What is a quadratic equation?
2. Explain why the 'zero product rule' makes sense.
3. Why is factoring used to solve quadratic equations?
4. Some equations have a higher degree than 2. How are they solved?
Here are the answers and the explanations:
1. A quadratic equation is an equation with a degree of 2, meaning the highest exponent of the variable is 2. A quadratic equation is a parabolic function.
2. The zero product rule makes ...
This posting contains the answers regarding the concepts of quadratic equations.