1. Simplify the following. (-3x2y-3)3 (x-3y2)
2. Simplify the following. 2x4 - 2x2 + 4x - x4 + 4x2 - 2x + 5
3. Find the following product. ( 3x - 4 ) ( x2 - 2x + 3 )
4. Find the following product. ( 0.3x + 0.2 ) ( 0.3x - 0.2 )
5. The speed of light in vacuum is one hundred eighty six thousand miles per second. Write the speed of light in scientific notation.
6. Perform the division. ( 3x3 + 4x2 - 4x - 6 ) ÷ ( x - 1 )
7. The cost, y, of growing special oranges in dollar as a function of the number of oranges, n, is given by
y = 0.7n + 20.34
Make a plot of the above equation. What is the cost of growing 50 special oranges?
8. What is the slope, x-intercept, and y-intercept of the following line?
3x + 4y = 9
9. a) What is the slope of the following line? y = -7.921
b) What is the slope of the following line? x = 9.124
10. Factor by grouping: 18a3- 24a2b + 15ab2- 20b3
11. Solve the following: 18x2 + 9x - 2 = 0
12. Multiply ( x + 2y )4.
13. Simplify the following expression. (1/2)3 + (1/3)-2 - (1/4)-2
Neat, step-by-step solutions are provided.