The case is: County Sanitation District #2 of Los Angeles County v. Local 660 Seiu 38 cal 3d 564 (1985)*
Prepare a comprehensive response to the following questions:
1. Do strikes by public employees result in public employers making extraordinary concessions?
2. Did the court believe that it was required to leave the question of the common law doctrine prohibiting the right to strike to the legislature?
3. State the ruling (holding) of the case.
4. What is your opinion of the decision in the case?
*To view the case, visit the URL below, type in the case name in the box and press go. The page number is 328.
1. Do strikes by public employees result in public employers making extraordinary allowances?
Protests and strikes by public employees can be an effective way of creating immediate and possible drastic change within their work environment. Management is somewhat forced to accommodate demands of workers because without the workers, many essential government tasks will not be completed within certain time restraints. Thus, this tool allows workers to effectuate pay raises, safer work environments as well as more of an allowance to partake in other activities beyond the scope of their employment at work.
2. Did the court believe that it was required to leave the question of the common law doctrine prohibiting the ...
The expert examines striking legislation for case studies.