1. Critically analyze the pros and cons of indeterminate sentencing and its appropriateness for different types of juvenile offenders.
2. Identify and analyze other interventions that could be used with indeterminate sentences.
3. Analyze the impact of waiver on indeterminate sentencing.
4. Analyze the impact of indeterminate sentencing on recidivism.
5. Review the possibility that juveniles serve their sentences in split jurisdiction.
6. Assess the utility of diversion programs.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com September 26, 2018, 10:46 am ad1c9bdddf - https://brainmass.com/history/world-history/juvenile-indeterminate-sentencing-recidivism-prevention-waivers-jurisdiction-595823
1. Some cons associated with indeterminate sentencing include racial disparity of sentences given for similar crimes, disparity within sentences handed out by the same judge, disparity between rural and urban judges. Some pros associated with indeterminate sentencing include the ability for judges to engage in individualizing sentencing and release decisions as well as the ability to empowers judges and the Board of Pardons and Parole keep juvenile offenders incarcerated if they remain a threat to the public along with providing the offender has a valid reason to coöperate during incarceration.
Indeterminate sentencing is ...
This response provides information on juvenile indeterminate sentencing and touches upon concepts such as waivers, recidivism, diversion programs, and jurisdiction.