Tenses checking my work is correct
This content was COPIED from BrainMass.com - View the original, and get the already-completed solution here!
Have I got the correct plural and grammar.
1. The boy's toy. The boys'toys.
2. The child's parent. The childrens parents.
3. The girl's school. The girls' schools.
4. The country's leader. The countries leader's.
5. The woman's hat. The woman's hats.
1. These books are mine. mine Possessive
2. Do the homework yourself. I'll Personal
3. I'll see you in the morning. You Personal
4. Look after yourself. yourself Reflexive
5. I shall see him myself. myself Reflexive
6. The money they won is theirs and they can decide for themselves what they want to do with it.
I have got the right meaning for the verb.
2. She is getting more beautiful every day. MAIN
3. He does his homework every night.
4. Does he work hard at school?
5. I don't like ice cream.
6. They have finished their assignment.
7. She has long, black hair.
8. Do you like opera?
9. It is a lovely day. MAIN
10. I have been learning Italian.
Look at the four sentences and select a) or b)
a) a state, event or habit in the past, continuing until the present or future.
b) a recently completed event which probably has some significance to the present.
1. He has lived in Brighton for five years. A
2. I have just eaten lunch.B
3. I have lost my wallet. B
4. She has worked abroad for most of her life. A
a) is used for future possibilities/probabilities or to give warnings, promises or threats.
b) is used for hypothetical situations in the past ie things which can never be true.
c) is used for general truths, or actions which happen all the time.
d) is used for situations which are impossible or imaginary or to give advice.
1. Present conditional = C
2. 1st conditional = A
3. 2nd conditional = B
4. 3rd conditional = D
<br>Have I got the correct plural and grammar.
<br>1. The boy's toy. The boys'toys. - RIGHT
<br>2. The child's parent. The childrens parents. - WRONG - The children's parents
<br>3. The girl's school. The girls' schools. - RIGHT
<br>4. The country's leader. The countries leader's. - WRONG - The countries' leaders
<br>5. The woman's hat. The woman's hats. - WRONG - The women's hats
<br>1. These books are mine. mine Possessive - RIGHT
<br>2. Do the homework yourself. I'll Personal ??? yourself is REFLEXIVE
<br>3. I'll see you in the morning. You Personal - WRONG - you is the OBJECT
<br>4. Look after yourself. yourself Reflexive - ...