A centrifugal pump is run under test at 1500 rev/min and returns the following performance figures...
The pump is required to transfer water from a lake to a reservoir with a water level...
See attached file for full problem description© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 6:46 pm ad1c9bdddf
Please see the attached files.
First you need to plot H and Power versus Q. I have done so the Excel sheet.
You then calculate the system head by using the formula
For pumping between lakes:
= 60 +0.006*(12+108)*Q2/(3d5) (see excel sheet)
Plot this hsys versus Q.
The solution provides detailed and step-by-step explanation and answer (including graphs) for the problem.
Read (pages 22 -45) and answer the questions with full answers: Gardner Denver 10-K Report 2008.
1. Did the weighted average interest rate increase or decrease between 2008 and 2007?
2. Between 2008 and 2007, did income taxes as a percentage increase or decrease? Why might this be important?
3. What major economic variable or statistic is closely tied to the demand for compressor packages?
4. What major economic variable or statistic is closely tied to the demand for petroleum related fluid transfer products?
5. What is the company doing to reduce costs?
6. Comparing 2008 to 2007, did sales decrease in both product segments?
7. Comparing 2008 to 2007, what accounted for the decrease in gross profit?
8. Comparing 2008 to 2007, what accounted for the increase in selling and administrative expense?
9. Why did other operating expense go from $1.4 million in 2007 to $31.5 million in 2008? Is this a recurring item?
10. What was the bright spot in the fluid transfer product division in 2008?View Full Posting Details