Broomsticks are manufactured by 2 firms which constitute a competitive industry. Neither firm has any fixed costs. There are two consumers, Jack and Enis. Consider the following information.
Total Cost Total Value
Quantity Firm BB Firm MT Jack Enis
1 $ 2 $ 10 $10 $37
2 3 19 7 5
3 4 26 6 4
4 5 32 2 1
1. What quantity of broomsticks are sold and at what price? How many are produced by firm BB and how many by firm MT ? How many are bought by Jack ? How many bought by Enis ?
2. In numbers, how much producers' surplus is gained in this market? How much consumers' surplus ? How much social surplus ?
3. Suppose BB and MT form a single (noncompetitive) firm, and that this does not affect costs. How many broomsticks are sold, and at what price ?
4. In numbers, what is the size of the deadweight loss from the above action ?
5. You should provide a graph that demonstrates your answers.
Determine size of the deadweight loss and other traits.