Week 3 Problem
Note: It is expected that this problem will be complete using an Excel spreadsheet using formulas. Please see the Excel Tutorial that is available under the course home tab.
The Hale Company finished their sales projections for the coming year. The company produces one product. Part of next year's sales projections are as follows:
July August September October November
Projected Sales in units 100,000 125,000 156,000 165,000 185,000
The budget committee has also compiled the following information on inventories:
Raw materials Work-in-Process Finished Goods
Ending Balance, June 22,000 lbs None 13,000 units
Desired ending levels (monthly) 5% of next month's production needs None 12% of next month's sales
Engineering has developed the following standards upon which the production budgets will be developed:
Materials usage 5 lbs per unit
Material price per pound $1.50 per pound
Labor usage 0.4 hours per unit
Labor rate $30 per hour
Machine hours 3 machine hours per unit
The Hale Company uses a modified allocation method for allocating overhead costs. The rates that will be used in the coming year are as follows:
Overhead item Allocation rate
Utilities $0.50 per machine hour
Inspection $10 per unit produced
Factory supplies $2 per unit produced
Depreciation $35,000 per month
Supervision $12,000 per month
Prepare the following production budgets for July, August, and September for the Hale Company:
1. Production budget
2. Materials purchase budget
3. Direct labor budget
4. Overhead budget
For the quarter (quarter totals only), prepare the:
5. Cost of goods manufactured budget
The solution explains how to prepare the following budgets - Production budget, Materials purchase budget, Direct labor budget, Overhead budget and Cost of goods manufactured budget
Kofi Exports: prepare cash budegt, production budget, direct material budget
Please see the attached problem
Based on the understanding of the above scenario, Please answer the following questions.
1) Prepare the following schedule;
a. Expected cash collections for January 200X
b. Expected cash disbursement for January 200X
2) Prepare a cash budget for January 200X; indicate in the financing sector any borrowing that will be needed during January 200X.
3) Prepare a production budget for January, February and March. Based on the production budget, should Kofi Export's produce more or less units in January and March?
4) In the months of January through March, prepare direct material budget indicating the quantity of chipsets requirements in these months.
5) Using Computations to support your decision advised Kofi exports, whether to outsource the product or to keep in-house production of the chipset.
6) Should Kofi Export's accept the order from Daga Accounting Solutions an agent for Kwame & Kwame Company in Ghana West Africa? If the order is accepted, what will be the range of change in profit?
Please respond using excel.View Full Posting Details